Apple cider vinegar is well-known not only for its cooking purposes. Since ages this product has been used in therapeutics and cosmetics. The Chinese recognise apple cider vinegar as the symbol of life. It’s also believed that Cleopatra used this product to enrich her baths. However, did you know that apple cider vinegar can be used as an alternative to a regular antiperspirant?
The problem of excessive perspiration is common, yet troublesome, for many people. Usually, we try to combat this condition with the most popular methods like for example applying antiperspirants that decrease sweating. When it comes to excessive perspiration of feet, we reach for various kinds of powders or sprays. However, just few know that the best natural way to deal with unpleasant smell is apple cider vinegar!
Apple cider vinegar – Features
The composition of apple cider vinegar contains a huge group of minerals (potassium, sodium, silica, magnesium, fluorine, chlorine, iron, copper, phosphorus, sulphur) as well as vitamins (A, B, C, E, P), thanks to which it:
- soothes signs of inflammations,
- nullifies signs of acne,
- accelerates cell metabolic rate,
- improves the general state of complexion,
- works antibacterial and cleansing.
The effective weapon against unpleasant smell
The most important feature of apple cider vinegar, apart from the above-mentioned ones, is its power to prevent unpleasant smell. Owning to its acidic features, apple cider vinegar changes pH level into the one where bacteria responsible for producing bad smell die. And this is the whole mystery concerning the way apple cider vinegar deals with the problem.
How to use apple cider vinegar?
Depending on the body part area we perspire most, there are various methods of applying apple cider vinegar. Let me present you the three most popular ones:
- To combat the problem of bad breath, it’s a good idea to mix ½ tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 250 ml of fresh water. Wash your mouth with the mixture until you make the glass empty. Keep each portion in your mouth for approximately 10 seconds.
- If the problem is connected with unpleasant body smell, it’s worth damping a cotton pad in water mixed with apple cider vinegar (1:1) and use it to wipe armpits, for example.
- When it comes to smelling feet, it may turn out that regular apple vinegar baths are your life savers. Mix warm water and 60 ml of apple cider vinegar. Drown your feet in the mixture and keep them underwater for 15 minutes at least once a week.